Neurofeedback/Biofeedback Position – Technician/Coach
Our company – in our 15th year, is looking to train someone as a neurofeedback and biofeedback technician/coach. We have a good reputation within the community and are very service-oriented. Neurofeedback helps people learn to “rewire” their brain for anxiety, depression, ADHD and beyond.
The position requires learning neurofeedback and biofeedback technology, learning about brain behavior, what affects the brain, and helping clients understand their brain and the process of training it with neurofeedback.
It’s a non-drug intervention, that often helps children and adults make progress who have struggled with other treatment modalities.
The range of conditions includes:
- Chronic anxiety and depression
- ADHD, processing or sensory integration Issues
- Insomnia and Sleep issues
- Emotional/behavioral issues with children
- Post-concussion syndrome and migraines
- Chronic pain
- Autistic spectrum/developmental delays
- These can be complicated clients. Some experience with this population is needed.
You will interact with clients, gather histories, help coach clients to observe incremental changes from neurofeedback training. You must constantly help clients understand their brain, how this technology helps them to self-regulate their brain – and help change brain patterns for a healthier brain response.
You must be able to work in a busy client office, keep up with time demands and documentation/charting requirements.
Having some understanding of diet, nutrition, environment and lifestyle on the brain is helpful.
Hours at times can vary based on client demands. Our hours are from Monday-Thurs 9AM up till 7PM, Friday up till 5:30 and Saturdays from 9 to 2PM. We stagger staff schedules to fit our demands. You must be able to accommodate hours within that schedule.
- Empathy or good at “tuning in”
- Technical aptitude (to learn neurotechnology)
- Works well with a team
- Experience in working with kids and/or adults with mental health, addiction or neurological issues
- Multi-tasking, managing more than one client at a time
- Self-directed: Works well in an unstructured work setting
- Mature: Able to handle “fragile” young-to-old clients and their families
- Detailed: Able to be thorough on documentation, admin requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bright and cheerful
- Ability to learn about EEGs
- Good visual spatial skills (for EEG placement)
- Able to work till 7PM when needed, or on Saturdays when needed.
- Live within 40 minutes
- bi-lingual a plus
- Background/Education. Bachelors or Masters level preferred, no licensing required. Health psychology, psychology, neuroscience, or school psychology. Honors program a plus. ADDITIONAL option–OR someone wanting to re-enter the workforce after being a mother or retired.
Our director is considered an expert neurofeedback and qEEG brain mapping. He’s taught it to over 3000 health professionals almost 25 years.
This is a doorway to an emerging new field. It’s the cutting edge in mental health, learning and neurological issues.
The hourly pay rate will depend on background and experience.
TO APPLY: Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to explain why you’re interested or why you would be a good fit. You can attach a resume (preferably as PDF) also if you choose. Thanks for your interest.
PLEASE no phone calls.