Available Position: Neurofeedback Technician – with Neuroscience/Science Background
The Center for Brain works with mental health and neurological issues as a leading provider of neurofeedback. We help patients learn to overcome or improve issues with insomnia, anxiety, depression, ADHD and neurological conditions using neuro/biofeedback – and beyond.
You’ll learn to run different types of neurofeedback technology. We need someone who is a good coach and careful observer of people. You’ll learn to record and analyze EEGs. You’ll learn about what other types of techniques and factors affect brain function.
This job requires a combination of good people skills and technical and analytical skills, and the maturity to handle clients and their families from age 2 to 92.
We are hoping to find someone with the aptitude to expand this position over time. There are many potential projects someone who’s sharp can help with. We need someone who can work independently on projects, with excellent follow through and who likes to research.
We are seeking someone with a neuroscience background. A health sciences background is a possible option, with some education about the brain. You have the opportunity to be mentored by our director with over 25 years’ experience in neurofeedback.
It’s initially part time –about 24 hours a week but this could increase depending on the ability to help with projects.
Our office is at times fast paced. This role would involve:
- Learning various neuro-technology and EEG equipment
- Learning how to adapt and customize neuro-training to fit each individual client based on their training response.
- Coaching clients to feel more comfortable with the training process.
- Relating to clients and identifying issues and progress
- Developing relationship with clients to help communication and to better understand their situation/problems/progress
- Handling documentation for clients
- Always being very aware of time and schedule
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate superior judgment and have a passion for serving clients.
Our family run center has been in Jupiter for 15 years. We provide a comfortable warm supportive environment to our clients. We are an eco-friendly office, no perfumes, no colognes/after-shave, no smoking is allowed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good coaching skills
- Takes direction easily but also works independently a must
- Detail oriented
- High Empathy
- Technical and analytical
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance including on occasion the ability to work overtime, or early evenings
Our Current Office Schedule is 4 days per week, 9:00 – 6:30 pm (M Tu W F, typically. Your scheduling would typically be within those hours.
- Speaking Spanish is a plus
- Customer service experience is a plus
- Web savvy/Social media experience a plus
Pay rate is negotiable based on skills/experience.
To apply, email email@example.com
PLEASE, no phone calls.
PLEASE: Write a few sentences about why you are interested or what caused you to apply for this position.
Job Type: Part Time
Staff and clients wear masks, special hospital grade air cleaning system.
This is a unique position to learn about the brain and how it can change itself.